Internet problems?

DizzyKipper

Shetlank problems:

If it helps to isolate the issues, I received the following screen message at 12.07 on Tuesay the 5th of February 2013:-

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/bryan/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/bryan/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/bryan/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Norseman, I get the same message on a regular basis, but if you keep trying you do get in eventually. But I've never experienced it being so slow before.

I doot it canna cope noo a days :cry:

Latterly my broadband connection seems to have gone from barely adequate to hopeless. It seems to be extremely erratic with speeds varying from 0.7mbps to 4.5mbps within an hour. I've checked the connections in the house and got the router (albeit at standard Sky issue) as close to the master socket as I can. It also seems prone to dropping the connection which necessitates rebooting the router to get it up and running again. I've noticed elsewhere that BT have been working on things on Lerwick and some suggest this may be causing a problem.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what may be the cause before this gubbins gets thrown out the window?

Oh I'm 1.5 miles from my local exchange in Walls.

Many thanks.

Fin

Thanks for the reassurance MJ. I was beginning to think it was something with the router also but being a Sky customer and not wanting to go through all the explanation of everything from what a plug is to the plugging into the master socket I avoided calling them.

Last time I called them I was just about demented by the time they'd finished some 2 hours later,

Maybe someone else will confirm this as being a wider issue than just us on the west side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...