Random Questions - What I'd like to know is ......?

Njugle

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the cartoon or films?

made bairn watch a L&H film last Easter holidays on BBC2. they do appear from time to time. Thing is it's hard to persuade young kids that B&W is worth watching. Otherwise it's obscure satellite channels.

There's a cartoon? Never knew that. I've never stumbled across them on satellite and hadn't seen them on TV for years. Maybe it is selective memory but I think of their humour as timeless. Bairns should be made to watch them! :wink:

We used to watch all the Laurel & Hardy films during the school holidays when we were young, right enough can't think the last time I saw them. Was humour that didn't rely on swearing but good old slapstick, same with Tom & Jerry hardly see the ultra violent funny versions anymore.

You're only a stamp collector when you deliberately seek out stamps to purchase, collect and display in specifically made books, yes? You're not a stamp collector if you remove received stamps from the envelopes prior to chucking the envelope in the bin, placing said stamp in a wooden box with other stamps for the purposes of 'recycling' (Recycling project currently unknown). Amirite??

Do all seals jump clear out of the water or only greys?

Was watching one of the seals do it's dolphin impressions up the voe this morning again, and realised I've never seen them do it anywhere else. It does get to some height and speed as it jumps along, which comes to my second question, why do they do it?

Well he's a busy big seal cause he seems to be at it when ever the sun's out (I meant jumping), clear flat mornings/evening are his favourite, just so impressive how clear out of the water and the speed he does the length of the voe.

Most impressive display I've seen of that was a seal at the Brig o Waas about seven years ago. Must have gone a hundred yards or more porpoising all the way.

Leebitton pier seems to be a good spot for seals porpoising too. Never seen it anywhere else, notably not in Lerwick, with all the seals knocking around there. :?

[..] the males will also dive down and drag up kelp and fling it about too

What better way to entice the opposite sex? Certainly did me no harm flailing tang aboot the air and making whipping motions towards the now wife with it ;) I recommend it for all ... needs to be fairly new tang though .. the rotton gaer not surprisingingly has the opposite effect!