Random Questions - What I'd like to know is ......?

Njugle

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It's possibly the other way around; we call orange (the colour) after the fruit. From the Sanskrit 'naranj'.

2nd question: some mammals (e.g seals) can close their ears. You can't because it offers no advantage to land dwellers.

2nd question: some mammals (e.g seals) can close their ears. You can't because it offers no advantage to land dwellers.

It would seem to offer an advantage to camels ( they have sealable nostrils to keep out sand ), but they simply have very thick hair inside their ears instead.

I'll remind you of that at the next Bigton bairns' Christmas party :lol:

(>_ Indeed. Fortunately we are blessed with the ability to manufacture earplugs and other such devices.

My random question then: Why do they make all village halls so echoey and acoustically horrible?

What I'd like to know is why there are so many miserable "glass half empty" folk that post here where nothing is good, everything is either not new enough, not good enough, not as good as it was in the old days, the wrong colour, too bright etc. etc. Is it something about internet forums that attract a disenfranchised element who feel they must or can only complain?

Get's on my pecs, especially when you compare life up here with standards of service and facilities offered south. Cheer up, smile, it doesn't hurt - trust me, I've grinned from time to time.

What I'd like to know is why there are so many miserable "glass half empty" folk that post here where nothing is good, everything is either not new enough, not good enough, not as good as it was in the old days, the wrong colour, too bright etc. etc. Is it something about internet forums that attract a disenfranchised element who feel they must or can only complain?

Get's on my pecs, especially when you compare life up here with standards of service and facilities offered south. Cheer up, smile, it doesn't hurt - trust me, I've grinned from time to time.

Well said!

1.If you dug a hole through the center of the earth,and jumped in, would you stay at the center because of gravity?

2. If a cannible was on death row could he ask for the last guy that was electricuted for his last meal?

3.Is it rude for a deaf person to talk (sign) with their mouth full of food?

That’s because all Pessimists (The word you were looking for) are Optimists with experience. TeeAyBee

^^ I think the complaining thing is just something inherent in internet forums, probably more than anywhere else online.

A while back there was a big update to the pool and snooker sites I work with, greatly improving the look of the games with subtle lighting effects etc. We got plenty of individual messages saying how good it looked, but the forum was full of " It's too bringht now" and "put it back the way it was" posts.. :roll:

Here's something bugging me : I used to do plenty of dirty work, and a serious showering and scrubbing was necessary every night. However, in the past few years I have been mostly desk based, yet despite my hands etc being as clean as they have been since I was born, by the time I get home my neck is as dirty as if I'd been tarring all day and needs the same scrubbing it always did. Why? How?